A dreamer, seeker, and creative who is always working on some project, somewhere. My study of spirituality, psychology, and mindfulness influence how I show up in the world, as do my two children (and all the children I have been honored to work with over the years). In college, I studied psychology and child development. I went on to get a master’s degree in special education with a focus on learning disabilities. I believe learning is personal and an education is way more than classroom work, jumping through administrative hoops, and checking off lists. I advocate for brain-based learning, focusing on a child’s strengths, and implementing common sense support for areas that require it. I meet you and your child wherever you are on your learning journey. I am glad you are here. Kick your shoes off and come on in!
For over three decades I have studied, researched, and worked with children and their families in preschools, public and private schools, and in the homeschool community.
What has emerged is a deep understanding of child development through the ages and a respect for education as the unique and individualized endeavor it is.
Science tells us and experience shows us that childhood is a wonderful time of massive growth and development. It is also a time that deserves to be preserved and respected.
What does this mean? It means supporting and guiding children towards opportunities and experiences that strengthen their skills and hone their talents through play, adventure, creation, and exploration while in the company of people who have a vested interest in their long-term well-being.
It also means understanding that behavior is communication and that children are guided by their nervous system. If children are with people and in environments where they feel safe, seen, and heard, they thrive. And that is what my work is all about…helping children and families thrive.
If you are curious about alternatives to traditional school, are interested in transitioning to homeschool, need assistance supporting your children (including children with ADHD or learning differences), and/or seek a more respectful approach to being a parent, please read on to learn about the multiple ways we can work together.
Offerings to support you:
- The Barefoot Playground. An affordable monthly community for YOU! A space for parents to gather outside of social media. Think of it as a virtual coffee or park date with others who want to learn more about topics related to homeschooling and/or living more mindfully with their growing children.
- One-one coaching. A one hour call to address pressing issues and answer your homeschooling or unschooling questions and concerns. The goal will be to offer clarity and insight so you and your kids can live your amazing life with joy, calm, and curiosity!
- NEW: Support for your children. Sometimes children need temporary guidance for a project or an assignment. Sometimes they need longer term assistance with their studies, including organization, planning, study skills, and transitions. If you are a homeschool parent and need an extra set of hands, I can support you with lessons, activities, or programs. Either I can develop something specific for your children or I can lead what you have already created to give you a break. (Space limited. Contact me for details.)
- A Substack newsletter offering evidence-based strategies and soul-centered approaches for connecting with and raising your children.
- A podcast with stories, insight, and wisdom from those who are showing up to tip the balance of this world towards goodness.